Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin) Tweet
What is Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin) used for?
Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin) is a topical solution used to treat your dog for ticks, lice, or mites that cause scabies. The medication operates by disabling the pest's nervous system and killing them, after which they may be washed off. It may also be used to treat other conditions recommended by your veterinarian.
How should I use Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin)?
To apply Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin), put the indicated amount onto the affected area of the skin. Allow it to remain on the skin for several hours, letting it penetrate. Next, wash the area of your dog to remove the medication and any dead organisms as it is toxic and unintentional ingestion can cause serious health problems. Examine the hair and skin around the area of application to remove any dead parasites that remain. It is also important to keep the medication away from the eyes, ears, mouth, and any other mucous membranes of the dog. Always ask your veterinarian if you have any questions regarding the medications correct use.
What are the side effects of Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin)?
Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin) is normally well tolerated and will not cause side effects. Some dogs may still encounter unusual symptoms that should be disclosed to your veterinarian immediately. These can range from mild to severe and can require changes to treatment to prevent further problems. Possible side effects include:
Do not use Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin) if your dog has any allergies or any broken or damaged skin.
This medication is only for use on dogs, and is not suitable for use on cats, as it is poisonous to cats.
Strictly follow all instructions provided to you by your veterinarian while using Advantix (Imidacloprid/Permethrin). Optimum and safe dosage can differ based on the dog and the condition being treated.
As this medication may be unsafe for certain dogs, it is essential you always inform your veterinarian if it is pregnant or breastfeeding, as well as if it has any allergies, other illnesses, or ongoing health conditions, and if it is taking any other form of medication, supplements, or herbal products.
Immediately seek emergency medical care if it has an allergic or hypersensitive reaction. Common signs of a reaction include hives, swelling, skin rashes, chest pains, as well as trouble breathing or swallowing.